Ersatz Shoutbox

“Your platform has attracted attention by his remarks and thought to write an
article and use the pad to debate the profound French phenomenon
emerging regarding democracy”

Good boy. :man_with_gua_pi_mao:

https://plus.google.com/+DavidWood_dw2/posts/ar25ZnFn25r

You know, this makes me curious. I have no clue what’s going on in France right now. They seem to be rather good with this “democracy” thing. Perhaps they are able to improve it further.

Unfortunately, there seem to be many communication barriers that make meaningful cooperation difficult:

• The cultural barrier between French culture and other barriers
  • The language barrier
  • The barrier between people who are used to platforms like Facebook and those who know old-school forum etiquette
1 Like

This is a case in point that people want a platform like this. To bad so few people are willing to put substantial effort into maintaining and growing it.

1 Like

Anyway, I’m now busy trying to assemble a new desktop computer from individual parts. My current desktop computer sporadically shows signs of not working properly, or at all. And that’s not so good.

1 Like

What parts? where’d you get the parts from? Why didn’t you just get a laptop?

Do you want a precise list of all those components, or only some rough information?

I panicked, because my desktop computer has failed to turn on that day and ordered them from Amazon. I didn’t want to be suddenly left without a desktop at all, and I preferred to make a new desktop out of individual parts, because the usual pre-made desktop always were not really fitting for some reason.

I have made bad experiences with laptops and their durability when I use them. I seem to have a “laptop degrading aura” or something.

heh. Need you ask? Of course I love finding devils, and the place to look is in the DETAILS. You can never have too much info! If in doubt, do both, the quick/light overview/summary and then a link to the meat (for the meat eaters / informavores ).

Fitting? There is so much choice im sure you could get a pre-built one to fit any needs. On the other hand, it might be slightly cheaper to do from parts? (not even sure if that’s still true, ( it used to be)). And most importantly it’s always more fun and satisfying to use your hands. Can you live video stream the build, then we can laugh as you panic after setting the wrong voltage and set yourself on fire!? :imp: :fries:

(There’s an imp eating chips. Cos of course :fire: :confused: :joy: :scream: :dizzy_face: :innocent: :smiling_imp: :pineapple: won’t happen :crossed_flags: )

Hah. Weird. Most people I talk to seem to get laptops these days. Laptops have the power of desktops and it’s just more convenient, even if it’s on your desk 99% of the time. Having a big battery is nice, cos it acts like UPS (uninteruptable power supply), say if the computer is sleeping (suspended to RAM (which i use as my default now (instead of full power down))) and your mains power goes off (this happens a lot to me, cos idiots use dodgy kettles and trip the breaker (kitchen should be on a different circuit but i guess electricians are lazy) so if it’s a suspended desktop without UPS the lost of power can lose data (if you had something open and not saved to disk). (I could use suspend to disk, but i dont cos it takes slightly longer to wake up and traditionally it has been hard to get working properly with Linux (dunno why it suspect to RAM should be easier, but it seems to work better out-of-the-box for some reason (or it did, maybe Linux hardware support got better now)).

Fractal Future Hangout starting now in Mumble: hack.fractalfuture.net