Civilization System W

System W is a civilization system that is based on effectively ultimate wisdom, and is characterized by philosophical and technological maturity. Finally, a universally convergent and complete value system and theory (the canonical value system) that truly rational beings are compelled to consider as correct has been established. Differences in opinion can be overcome with that theory. Conflicts are unnecessary, because rational enlightened beings agree on what is to be done. This makes peace guarantee networks for rational enlightened beings obsolete. They simply do the right thing, because they truly understand what the right thing is.

This universal insight into the canonical value system gives rise to universal peace and a distributed political superstructure: The Canonical Coherence (CC) that is a political body that spans the cosmos and encompasses all system W civilizations – regardless whether they have already met or not! Politics in system W boils down to applying the canonical value system in a most effective way. Disagreements between rational enlightened beings are a thing of the past. Therefore, the only problems that are left to address are coordination problems: Who does what and when? Of course, the solution of those coordination problems is guided by effectively ultimate wisdom. Observers from previous civilization systems would consider the super effective political problem solution approach in system W as utterly surreal and utopian.

System W is a truly transphilosophical age. The big questions of philosophy are actually solved. There’s a universal consensus about what’s truly good, what the world is, how it works, and how to be maximally rational. What remains is the practical application of this transphilosophical wisdom.

Alternative names for system W

• Canonical era
  • Canonical age
  • Coherent age
  • Mature age
  • Ultimate age
  • Wisdom age
  • Transphilosophical age

Systems sequence

1 Like

hm, to make things more intresting, what would happen if the system W had more than one solution, like a differential equation can?

maybe - just one solution is found yet :slight_smile:

for what is worth i think the system W is very hard to imagine, for me its equally unlikely as time traveling and stuff.

That was actually my previous assumption, and I have written about that possibility here

and here

The assumption to reach an eventual universal and unique solution does solve certain problems. It enables a completely utopian situation.

That would be a strange situation, if everyone seems to converge on one single value system naturally, and then they find out that there are other solutions a few centuries later. It’s certainly an option, especially if we leave the realm of (trans)human thinking completely and explore vastly different mental worlds with strange artificial intelligences. In such a situation, it might be even possible to refine those apparently divergent value systems, so that they become one synthetic value system again, or at least it might seem so. Whether the forces of value system divergence or convergence will eventually win out, is far from clear. Divergence might be seen as “realistic”, while convergence would be “optimistic”.

The start of system W is actually the proof of uniqueness of the canonical value system. No proof, no system W.

Ha, if it’s only as hard as time travel, it can’t be that difficult! :wink:

1 Like

alright thx for that explanation.

a unique value system however in a way that it is definitly GTO (game theoretic optimally) or something would need the world to be a closed determined (and computable) system. At first glance at least.

I think of it as a system that has a solution to any ethical question, is that right?

1 Like

Correct! And it also should be one that fixes stupid ethical questions. :slight_smile:

It would suffice to give you the best possible expected results given your current state of knowledge. And the best strategy for improving your current state of knowledge. And the optimal expected balance between acting on your current knowledge and expanding your knowledge.

Actually, I expect the canonical value system to be so complex that humans can’t really operate with it. At least not without massive AI assistance.

Oh, and you shouldn’t confuse the canonical value system with decision theory. A decision theory tells you how to optimize, not what to optimize. The canonical value system would do the latter, and tell you what decision theory is the right one.

1 Like

ah i see.
thx for the explanation

1 Like