Who wants to join the Best We Can Dance in Interesting Times Troupe mobilisation?

So what does all this mean?’ he asked.
’… Good grief, Amon,’ the monkey said, giving a fair impression of spluttering.
‘It’s the Heavy Crew! It’s the Clowns!’
‘What? The who?’ He swivelled in the seat to face the monkey.
‘Dude, there were names appearing there I hadn’t seen for five weeks. Some of those Minds are legends!’
‘This is the Interesting Times Troupe we’re talking about, I take it?’
‘That’s obviously what they call themselves.’
‘Well, good for them, but I still want to know what all this is about.’
‘Well, a normal enough but pretty high-power Mind Dance Troupe gets together to discuss what’s going down, then - allowing for signal travel duration - within real-time seconds it’s taken over by probably the most respected not to mention enigmatic group of Minds ever assembled together in the same signal sequence since the end of the Idiran Dance Party.’
‘You don’t say,’ Amon said, yawning a little and putting one black-gloved hand over his mouth.
‘Yes; in the case of the Not Invented Here, everybody I know thought the thing had been lost half a millennium ago! Then they dump the boring, pedantic GSV that happened to be on the Dance Coordinating Rota, agree to wait-and-see with the Excession itself while sending investigatory reinforcements, start a localised party - party! - and release a half-truth about the Excession when there’s some more funky beats breaking.’

:deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree: :evergreen_tree: :palm_tree: :cactus: :herb: :notes: :circus_tent: :notes: :fearful: :notes: :smiling_imp: :notes: :sunglasses: :notes: :smile_cat: :notes: :circus_tent: :notes: :herb: :cactus: :palm_tree: :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :deciduous_tree:

:notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :racehorse: :dancer: :dancer: :ox: :dancer: :circus_tent: :dancer: :ox: :dancer: :dancer: :racehorse: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes:
:telescope: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :roller_coaster: :fire_engine: :helicopter: :satellite:
:notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :notes: :satellite: :satellite: :satellite:

:performing_arts: :performing_arts: :performing_arts:

So what would your ‘ship name’ be? I like ‘Anticipation Of A New Lover’s Arrival’ and ‘Mistake not…

In case you don’t know what I’m talking about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spacecraft_in_the_Culture_series

But don’t look too closely at that if you haven’t read the books and you don’t want spoilers!

I’ve only read the first two books. Your initiative slightly bumps my priority for also reading the rest.

1 Like

There is a collection of all the audio books available to torrent. You can listen to them while you’re sleeping/eating/travelling/at day job.

HOORAY! HOORAY!

WE ARE SO GLAD TO MEET YOU!

THIS IS THE SHIP “PLAY GAMES FOR LOTS OF FUN

(OPERATED BY CHARGED PARTICLE FINANCIAL FIRMS)

WE LOVE YOU AND WE WANT YOU TO BE SUPER HAPPY.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE SEX?

Your body is invalid. Try to be a little bit more beautiful.

'Can I cuddle up with you when you sleep?'
Sma stopped, detached the creature from her shoulder with one hand and stared it in the face. ‘What?’

‘Just for chumminess’ sake,’ the little thing said, yawning wide and blinking. ‘I’m not being rude; it’s a good bonding procedure.’

:smirk_cat: