Since about a month this forum runs under the slogan “envisioning and creating a better future”. It serves as platform for creating and discussing visions of the future, whether they are more personal, or wide-ranging. It is also supposed to support projects that aim at creating a better future.
There are certainly many things that this platform could serve for that would also fit under the banner of envisioning and creating a better future. I wonder what your highest hopes for a platform like this are, or what it could transform into, or give rise to.
A whole range of topics have been discussed that go into the direction of envisioning a “futuristic” community. Maybe the could serve as inspiration for you:
- Ideals and dreams
- How to make a futuristic society
- How can we raise the funds so that we can stop talking and start doing?
- The Earthship Institute for the Scientific and Holistic Exploration of the Cosmos
- Live together to increase our productivity
- Why we don’t have an Institute for Societal Systems Change
Please go wild with your imagination now:
- What would the optimal online community look like?
- What should it be able to do?
- What kind of physical outposts should an ideal community have?
- What would this community actually do?
- What relations would it have to the rest of the world?
- How would it change the world to the better?
- For what kind of reasons do people join?
- Just think about what we could do with 10 000 people and a budget of 10 billion Euro, for example!
It’s not like we are close to making anything of the above reality, but it would still be great to have a clear ideal vision that we could work towards step for step.
Or you could ask yourself an alternative question: If the world develops in the most optimal way in the next 15 years, how would you want to live? What kind of ideal community would you want to live in?