Superworld Superposition

i have found a link, where the hypothesis of the holistic universe is largely explained.
this hypthesis is imho a mind-opener, who allows us to liberate our thinking from the telluric cognition of our existence and to take a bird`s eye view to the world, like the demiurg does.

https://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

1 Like

How do ye think dying and reincarnating feels like if this hypothesis is true?

Say I fly a plane, loose control and go to hit a mountain. Then it comes, I hit the rock and then…

…it gets wet, glass splitters, I hit the floor and have a new body into which my soul was downloaded in another world?

It feels like absolute terror about your impending death. Then the world around you dissolves and you feel memories of your whole life rushing into your mind. It’s like escaping out of a thick fog that stopped you from thinking clearly your whole life.

Why?

First of all, if you die in any world, your patterns have degraded so much that reconstructing them is highly problematic. That’s why it’s much more reasonable to take a snapshot of your body-mind-patterns shortly before your death. That snapshot is then cut out of this world and pasted into another world. Your body is then augmented so that it is reinstantiated at its historic peak condition. Your mind is altered to reintegrate all the memories and skills you have ever possessed at the same time.

Why would simulators do that? Because it’s not too difficult for them and the resurrected with experience all of that as great gift. If the simulators want to manipulate or even just merely educate the simulated, then this would be a quite reasonable strategy. Further augmentations are of course optional.

Of course other scenarios are possible. if the simulators want to instrumentalize us, they may cut out parts of our memories and minds, or bodies, that are useless for their purposes. That probably wouldn’t feel too traumatic, because the parts of your mind that would be traumatized by such an experience would likely also be removed or silenced. You might not even notice that something crucial is missing.

There’s always a chance that the simulators would do something even worse to you, if you die. Dying is not to be taken lightly, even if it doesn’t mean the subjective end of experience. In any case, it means the end of a chapter (or rather book) of your existence. The end of a story, and the beginning of a new one.

Such a dramatic experience will make many people feel a loss of meaning. They lose their friends, relatives, job, and their missions of their past lives. They also wake up in a world that could kill them with the sheer future shock alone. Reorienting oneself after such an experience would surely be very challenging. At the very least for that reason, death is something that should be feared rightfully.

Is it possible that the Disney duck universe is real and I’ll be reincarnated there? Because it was through Donaldistic scientific journals (research on Duckburg) that I first encountered the idea that many worlds exist. https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Duck_universe

Possible, yes. Likely? No.

We would need to consider the reasons for simulators to reincarnate us into a different world. Why would they do that? After all, it’s easier and cheaper for them not to continue our existence in any way.

The Drama

Perhaps our world is something like a drama for the simulators. In that case, they might want to interact with the protagonists of that drama personally. They might have preferences about the world in which they wanted to interact with us. As we perform like ourselves most in the world we actually live in, it would be natural for them to reincarnate us in a world that is similar to our, but which lets the simulators interact with us directly. They might not be too interested in transferring us to their “real” world, or into worlds of our choosing.

The Ethical Obligation

If they reincarnate us according to some ethical considerations, any world that is not too terrible will suffice for us. In that case, life in the world we get reincarnated might be quite boring, because it happens to be a cheap accommodation for resurrected simulated people (“ressims” as I call them). (But of course we won’t really feel bored, because we get great cheap drugs that make us not feel bored.)

The Scientific Experiment

If the simulators are just curious what kind of life emerges in a world like this, they will have relatively little motivation to resurrect us anywhere.

The Game

This world could also be a game for the simulators. Purely simulated humans would then play the role of non-player characters. Since the game is about the players, there would be little motivation to resurrect NPCs.

The Historical Simulation

This world may be a simulation of the past of the “real” world. As such we play the roles of historical figures. This situation is quite similar to the first case, but we might have better chances to get resurrected into the real world, because maybe some simulators hope that our characters may have some positive effect in their real world.

Results

It seems to be difficult to find plausible motivations for simulators to elevate us to their own levels of power, wealth, and influence. Exceptions are simulators that are very ethical, or very interested in us (and then the most important question would be “why?”). If we rise to sufficient wealth and freedom in the “real world”, we may then be able to retire into the worlds in which we want to live. Or we may make vacations there.

Or maybe they will resurrect me into that Duckburg universe because they want to do me a favour?

Besides, what is when one dies in a world into which he was resurrected or in the ‘natural’ world, e.g. from an overdose of those mentioned drugs?

A favour? What for?

Why should that make any difference?

Btw: I just recollect that once I had a dream in which I was resurrected in a purgatory-like landscape in which I had to fight demon-like beings. Apparently this was supposed to further my character development. But I believe it was rather an excuse for the simulators to see some brutal action. Even if we live forever through different worlds, some of them will probably be extremely unpleasant.

Heroic actions?

1. Since you are a fan of animation (MLP, Furry, anime), you probably know “Adventure Time”. I imagine that world to look like the Nightosphere from that show.
  2. Wouldn’t “the simulators” have to answer to an ethics comittee?

That’s an interesting thought. In some religions there is the belief that you get rewarded for heroic actions with rewards in the afterlife. How plausible is that in a setting in which simulators simulate our world. Why would they value our heroic actions in our world? It’s not obvious that they would. Perhaps heroic actions disturb their real plans. In that case, we could even get punished for performing heroic actions.

What does constitute a heroic action after all? Is it defined by overcoming fear? If yes, then that’s a valuable skill to have. Performing a heroic action would prove that you possess that skill.

It would probably be easy for the simulators to grant everone the skill of heroism after they die. But it would be probably even easier just to select from the most heroic people in the first place. So, the idea that people are rewarded for heroic deeds is not unlikely. Though, the reward will probably be something that requires you to perform heroic deeds in certain roles. So, you are probably sent into increasingly challenging adventures, if you prove your worth to the simulators in this world.

Probably something like that. But it doesn’t need to have anything to do with our ideas of ethics.

There’s a post I’ve written that summarizes different ethical positions when it comes to simulations:

I wonder… what if I’ve already died many times in many different worlds this here is my 316th incarnation?

Maybe that means that you got addicted to the game that is played in this simulation? Or you switch between different simulations. In practice, it doesn’t matter much, because your memories of previous incarnations have been deleted thoroughly. Maybe not completely, though. There’s a small possibility that one could access those under certain circumstances. Although, if people tried to find out those circumstances scientifically, such a project would be very quickly classified as pseudoscience.

1 Like

I don’t understand what ye meant in the first sentence.

Ok, so what are those incarnations? Let’s assume in the superworld there’s your “higher self” and that higher self plays a video game (which is basically the world we live in) and you are effectively the in-game character of that “higher self”. When a character dies, the higher self can decide to continue playing a different character, or playing a different game entirely. With 316 incarnations (meaning 316 different video game characters), it’s to be assumed that the “higher self” is very fond of playing such games.

If “I” live in some highly advanced space utopia, why would “I” want to live a boring live in a retarded world like this one here for fun*?

*fun is the goal of any videogame per definition

The highly advanced space utopians might have nostalgic feelings about the simple and primitive times we live in. Just as some of us have nostalgic feelings about the middle ages.

Maybe we have things that they lost. Things like being able to live in a world that can be improved by one’s own actions.

1 Like

That’s a good point ye have.

For me now in this world, it is the opposite. I dream of being some kind of hero in a space utopia, who experiences adventures on megastructure habitats, travels the universe on FTL spaceships and lives forever. me dreams

Maybe because that’s what I really am and the world simulation I currently inhabit has lags so I get flashbacks into my true higher life?

What kinds of heroes does a space utopia really need? This world definitely needs heroes.

Also, the grass is always greener on the other side.

I occasionally have the feeling that I’m a stranded time traveler from the future. But I attribute that more to my vivid fantasy and my insight into the problems of this world, and how it could be better, than anything else.

Also, I wonder… who or what are ‘the simulators’?

Could ‘the simulators’ respawn us in Equestria, the world of the cartoon show ‘My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic’?

this phenomenon is called “alienisation” - btw, have you seen my space-ship? i don´t remember where i had parked it, just before i met this incredible girl and spent the night with her and some galactic drinks … :cold_face: