Radivis says that we will probably have a fully functional wiki in a few week, which is really good because we will able to start organizing the fractal cosmos material.
Now, we have to start thinking about how to organize our wiki articles.
The first thing we need to do, so that the project looks coherent, is decide the year in which we are supposudley writing. We can’t have an article written from the point of view of someone who’s living in 2030 and another from the point of view of someone living in 2040.
So, I propose we set 2200 as our official writing time. I had initially thought of 2150, since this project is intended to be a relatively near-future work, but now I think we should have a slightly bigger timespan to explore, since it would allow us to explore more ideas without having to make things happen too fast. What do you think?
We also need to think what kind of articles we should have:
- Timelines, including a general timeline of our universe and several timelines of specific events (like the second cold war)
- Profiles of nations, factions, cultures, religions, organizations etc.
- Profiles of important people (heads of state, militairy leader, scientists etc.)
- Articles about important events like wars, battles, elections etc.
- Aticles about important scientific advancements and cultural revolutions.
- Articles about technological development.
Personally, I think we should start with the timelines, since that will make it easier for us to write de rest of the articles. What do you think?