Introduction buzzti86

What kind of person are you? What are your goals and ideals? What are your favourite interests?

Hi, I’m Basti, 30, currently working in Stuttgart as a Software QA Engineer. Since a very young age I was fascinated by everything futuristic and everything space related. As I never really believed in christian religions which were prominent in my hometown and school, futurism became sort of substitue religion. Growing older I become more of an “agnostic futurist” - I still believe in the potential of technology, but probably humanity never will become an interstellar civilisation after all.

I still strive for a unified, globalized, planetary society, which supports diversity, secularism, science, culture and social equity. I’m interested in AI research, memetics (Highly recommending Susan Blackmoores “The Meme Machine”), post fossil fuel age, technological & cultural evolution of the web and media, VR, AR, space exploration, exobiology, post capitalist economy… i could go on.

Besides futuristic topics I like to play guitar, play and develop video games (anyone here playing Overwatch?), dancing (lindy hop and forró), impro theater, travel, tv series (House of Cards, Game Of Thrones, South Park, Archer, Rick & Morty, + many more), movies (Quentin Tarantino, Lars von Trier, Darren Aronofsky, The Wachowskies) and music (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Die Antwoord, Tame Impala)

How have you found this place?

Recommended by @Radivis at the 1st TPD Stammtisch.

What kind of projects do you want to participate in?

Help to develop TPD constitution
Hope to strenghten “Realo-Flügel” of TPD with my agnostic futuristic side :wink:
Help to spark some discussions in the forum

4 Likes

Welcome!

I really hope you find what you’re looking for in this forum. We are a small community, but I like to think we’re a pretty good one :slight_smile:

Ok, now I’m curious. Why is this? I mean, I know that things aren’t progressing quite as fastly as people a few decades ago thought they would, but we still have all the necessary ingredients to become an interstellar civilization. Don’t you think this will be just a matter of time? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll kick your ass at Overwatch.

Other than that I think we can be good friends.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your introduction! In particular, I am quite grateful that you’ve written an English introduction that’s accessible to the international part of this community. Most people associated with the Transhuman Party Germany stick to their German section, which is fine, but doesn’t contribute to open and international visibility of us as politically interested and engaged transhumanists (some don’t want that visibility for various reasons, and that’s understandable, too).

That’s a pretty compact and lovely characterisation of what many technoprogressives want the future to look like. :slight_smile:

I am tempted to offer some links to various threads in this forum relating to those different topics. Instead, I use this opportunity to emphasize how awesome the search function of this forum is, which perhaps is even among the top strengths of the underlying open source forum software Discourse. The looking glass on the top right will quickly guide you to relevant threads.

Oh, on my first reading I didn’t realize you’ve actually written develop video games. What kind of games have you made so far? With what programming languages and software tools?

Awesome! Thanks for mentioning me and the new regular’s table of the party. Perhaps I should go out to talk with people face to face more often. It seems to work. :grin:

That would be wonderful. We could really need some new sparks to reignite the international area of this forum – and our minds! :bulb:

3 Likes