16 personalities test

No, they are not very different. You were 55% introverted before and now you are 52% extroverted, it’s only a difference of 7 percentual points.

It’s a drastic simplification, I’ll have to agree with that, but I wouldn’t say it’s unreasonable. Treating things as if they were more simple than they actually are is (to a certain extent) perfectly legitimate for people aiming to achieve practical results. In fact, it’s often the only way to achieve those results.

I have some difficulty doing that myself, but we have to recognize that it is necessary.

They are, or, at least, the thinking and feeling aspects of this test are. Either you make your decisions based on logic and rationality or you do what you feel like doing.

I’m not saying that a person’s reasoning can’t be influenced by emotion or that emotions can’t be influenced by reason, I’m just saying that you can either be generally cold-headed or generally hot-headed.

Introverted individuals prefer solitary activities and get exhausted by social interaction. They tend to be quite sensitive to external stimulation (e.g. sound, sight or smell) in general.

Extraverted individuals prefer group activities and get energized by social interaction. They tend to be more enthusiastic and more easily excited than introverts.

http://www.16personalities.com/articles/our-theory

You have to remind yourself that the theory doesn’t apply the words according to their literal meanings (maybe they could have comoe up with better names for the aspects, or maybe not, I don’t know)

Observant individuals are highly practical, pragmatic and down-to-earth. They tend to have strong habits and focus on what is happening or has already happened.

Intuitive individuals are very imaginative, open-minded and curious. They prefer novelty over stability and focus on hidden meanings and future possibilities.

Judging individuals are decisive, thorough and highly organized. They value clarity, predictability and closure, preferring structure and planning to spontaneity.

Prospecting individuals are very good at improvising and spotting opportunities. They tend to be flexible, relaxed nonconformists who prefer keeping their options open.

It’s true that some traits, like introvertion and extravertion tend to fluctuate considerably, but, unless you’re in the line (as, apparently, you are) you are generally extraverted or generally intraverted.

Anyway, as I said before, this type of test shouldn’t be the basis of modern psychology, and one should not take it too seriously, but I just don’t think it’s fair to compare it to astrology.

1 Like

I m an INFJ-A, very intriguing test, thx for sharing. I got the feeling the test now knows me better than i do :blush:

1 Like

My Results:
Personality type is:
Commander (ENTJ-a)
Mind:
Extraverted [71% | 29%] Introverted
Energy:
Intuitive [69% | 31%] Observant
Nature:
Thinking [96% | 4%] Feeling
Tactics:
Judging [72% | 28%] Prospecting
Identity:
Assertive [54% | 46%] Turbulent

4 Likes

Architect

Extraverted 40% - 60% Intraverted
Intuitive 69% - 31% Observant
Thinking 62% - 38% Feeling
Judging 68% - 32% Prospecting
80% Assertive - 20% Turbulent

2 Likes

Logician INTP-A

extraverted 1% - 99% introverted
intuitive 97% - 3% observant
thinking 88% - 12 % feeling
judging 11% - 89% prospecting
assertive 55% - 45% turbulent

4 Likes

^ I’m going to show how stupid this M.B.T.I. test is.

Starting with the first question: “1. You are almost never late for your appointments”
^ This is a judging or perceiving question. But the problem is that some people have depression and lack of motivation. So, they are late for their appointments because of depression or lack of motivation. Not because they are judgers or perceivers. Starting off with a bad question already. XD

Next question: “2. You like to engage in tasks requiring active and fast-paced participation”
^ Hilariously a question about introversion or extraversion. Being active has nothing to do with extraversion or introversion. Some people are born with A.D.D. But they are very extraverted. Pace has nothing to do with extraversion nor introversion. Some introverts are a lot more fast-paced than slow-paced extraverts.

On to the next absurd question: “3. You enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances”
^ There are psychopathic extraverts who don’t enjoy a wide circle of acquaintances. They enjoy the manipulation process of exploiting people. Bad question again.

“4. You are moved by the emotions of the characters of melodrama series”
^ Very emotional people could be narcissistic and not care about characters. Nice try, though.

“5. You are usually the first to react to a sudden event: the telephone ringing or unexpected question”
^ Some people just don’t give a fuck. It has nothing to do with introversion or extraversion.

“6. Compassion is the foundation of human society”
^ Emotional people like me find society is based on competition for resources rather than compassion. So, taxpayer money used to fund endless wars that bomb kids, Orwellian mass surveillance technologies, draconian censorship laws, human rights violations, etc. Emotional people like me find that society has a ruthless hierarchy against disabled and physically unattractive people. That’s why Taylor Swift became successful in the music industry because of her beauty and lack of disabilities. Disabled and physically unattractive women, on the other hand, struggle more to gain succeess in any industry. I feel bad for those women struggling to gain success because they didn’t win the genetic lottery. But I don’t feel society prevents disabled women from avoiding poverty as much because Hollywood movies and industries never give them lots of attention. So, it’s like disabled women are ostracized from publicity.

“7. You think that everything in the world is relative”
^ Some people think it depends on the situation. But still. Human Metrics insists on making youu either a judger or perceiver for the test result. Not both. Incorrect test result.

“8. Strict observance of the established rules is likely to prevent attaining a good outcome”
^ This question should be asked to see if someone is a low I.Q. fascist or not. Not if someone is a judger or perceiver. XD

“9. It is difficult to get you excited”
^ Easy to assume emotional people get easily excited. But this is short-sighted. There are emotional people who have a hard time being excited because this Information Age makes them numb to constant information exposure. When you are constantly exposed to social media, it can make naturally emotional people become numb and less impressed.

“10. When making a decision, you rely more on your feelings than on analysis of the situation”
^ There are very analytical people who end up doing decisions based on feelings. They’re called drug addicts, caffein addicts, sex addicts, etc. XD

I could go on. But this test is pretentious and flawed. It tries very hard to come across as smart. But it’s not.

1 Like