Saturday Ramblings: Philosophy, Reputation Economy, Plans

Also, I feel that I’m moving towards a convergent understanding of ethics and ontology.

In the limit, epistemological consequentialism and utilitarianism should be one and the same thing.

It’s probably the natural course of development for advanced civilisations to become simulators and create other universes in the search for knowledge and wisdom.

As wisdom increases, the ethical sophistication of those simulations increases, and they should be less unpleasant for its inhabitants.

So it’s not totally unreasonable to expect that our universe is simulated by rather moderately sophisticated simulators, if at all.

That’s a stage that simulators probably need to go through. It’s like puberty, I guess :wink:

Anyway, the first challenge WE are faced with is mastering the current economic paradigm shift.

The first step about that is convincing people that it’s actually happening, and that it needs to happen (faster, better, stronger, harder)

Afterwards, we will have to reinvent society.

And by then we will probably have a lot of cool transhumanist technologies that allow us to live indefinitely, in peace, and happily.

At that stage we will have more time thinking about what to do next. And be smarter about thinking what to do next.

Anyway, the next step is becoming better at communicating, so that we can convince people that we are undergoing an economic paradigm shift, and find out ways how to do that shift in the best possible way.

Of course, some people have already realised that we are undergoing an economic paradigm shift. We need to get in contact with these people. They are central to our further success.

Some of those are good communicators. They might not have always the best ideas and insights, but at least they are good enough at drawing some attention that some of us have heard or read about them.

I feel like I should formally study economics and computer science in order to become better at designing and building the economic system of the future, and become more effective at convincing people that this is the right way to go by gaining academic and public credibility.

But at the moment I can’t afford studying full time. I would need sponsoring for that, even if that turned out to be the most promising course of action.

This feels like a slow long term plan. Previously, I thought that Quantified Prestige could be a quick victory, but it seems I underestimated the difficulties involved.

Alternatively, I wouldn’t need to study those subjects, if I got respectable supporters who were fully convinced that together we could create a well functioning reputation economy and everything that’s connected to that.

But it may not be reasonable that I will be successful with that.

reasonable + to expect + that