Raven's progressive matrices test

I was curious about the result I would get when I deliberately failed each part of the following abstract IQ test:

https://www.raventest.net

Complete Raven Test Report

Your IQ score is: 0

Your IQ Classification is: Below Average
Your age adjusted IQ score is 0 and the average score for all test takers
is 98.4.

Your Grade Lower Average

Your performance on the test was just below the population average which means that you have the ability to achieve success in life.
Whatever you decide to do you have a good mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a wide variety of ways.
You are able to think critically and communicate effectively and you also have the ability to handle academic challenges. If you think of intelligence as the ability to adapt easily to new situations then you are heading in the right direction.

This is so sweetly optimistic that it almost makes me cry. :cry:

meh. I started doing this test, then i got bored. it’s not measuring the thing i was talking to you about yesterday. this test is all about brute force. I could get them all right, I’m just slow at it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s the ideal discussion platform?

Dude, you seriously lack perseverance. I suggest you start meditating daily. Start with 5 minutes in the early morning, then try to go up to 20. You will be terrible at it, in the beginning, but that’s ok. You just need to do it.

I probably should, but I probably wont. Not yet.

Not completing the test has nothing to do with perseverance tho.

I persevere with stuff when i think it’s worth my time.

I find it interesting that knowing yourself better doesn’t seem to be worth your time. The Raven’s matrices test is relatively good for estimating the general level of fluid intelligence.

I already know I have average IQ. Solving that kind of patten problem has nothing to do with what makes me smart.

Thinking about it, I can probably teach what I do to anyone. Maybe it doesn’t need a fast brain at all. hmmm. I’ve tried to teach it before. but people jsut say ‘why the fuck would i want to learn to be like you!?;’

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Effective communication

36 minutes, score : 158, classification: genius

1 Like

your interpretation is, that they want to be kind to those who failed in the test? there is another one. it reminds of the movie “forrest gump” : that it is not necessary to be intelligent for having success in this society. you can do everything ( become a professor, become rich…) even if you are below average. maybe it is not optimistic but realistic…

Thanks for posting your result! It’s in an area in which ordinary IQ tests start failing to produce reliable results. There are special tests which are better suited for really high IQ individuals. I’ve once found a pretty cool online test that seemed to be made pretty well, but I don’t seem to be able to find it again without digging into my history. :frowning:

Anyway, I wonder how this Raven test is standardized. Properly standardized tests should be able to generate negative (!) results, if they use a proper normal distribution.