Neurochemistry and Stress

24 days ago, Radvis suggested getting dopamine synthesis right. That is the problematic: differing genomes and the genetic-epigenetic complexity of dopamine metabolism. One example is the link twixt dopamine, catecholamine-O-methyltransferase, and PTSD. Perhaps recovered PTSD patients will go on to make some of the best futurists.

Thanks for your comment. I transferred it to this new thread, as to untangle it from the already quite entangled “Natural tragedy” thread.

I agree with your statement that patients recovering from severe chronic diseases may go on to make some of the best futurists, especially since recovery from such conditions requires very special efforts and critical thinking.

While my underlying condition of ME/CFS still seems to persist, with some minor symptoms and conditions still noticeable, it is currently mostly under control. It seems to be the case that a lot of complicated stress- and immune system-related chronic diseases have quite an overlap. I suspect that there are multiple mechanisms by which stress immune system dysfunctions (underperformance, inflammation, autoimmunity, etc.) in those diseases. In the best case, elimination of the underlying stressors enables the immune system to resume normal functioning, but that is in no way guaranteed. During my personal research, I rarely stumbled upon a connection to PTSD and catecholamine-O-methyltransferase. I wonder what kind of connections you have researched.

Regulatory mechanisms seem to play a major role whenever it comes to neurotransmitters like dopamine. I have been on bupropion (Wellbutrin) for quite a while, on-and-off, and the introductory phase nearly always came with a mild hypomania that amplified the positive emotional valence of most sensory perceptions quite a bit. That latter effect seems to diminish quite rapidly with a half-life of about 4 days or so. I wonder what mechanisms cause that exactly. Also, the reintroduction of bupropion seemed to have decreasing initial effects over the years. Some kind of long-term adaptation may have happened there. Right now I’m using L-tyrosine instead of bupropion, which seems to have a more long-term reliable mood-stabilizing effect.

Also, sleep. Sleep is very important for mood. Unfortunately, sleep disturbances are one of the few things about ME/CFS that I can’t seem to get rid of completely.

A later post will transfer some citations regarding the dopamine/catechol assemblage. No, we prefer not to include a picture in the profile precisely due to the jeopardy of capitalist signification. Capitalist subjectivity itself is rampant with pathology, and democracy may be its leukemia. Fractal ontologies on a fresh lunar surface, for example, will presuppose that those in the Colony will already have undergone genetic screening for cold-tolerance and psychological vetting.

There is a French model of PTSD therapy that is antipode to Anglo-Saxon systems. We will be referencing it while taking a look into more quantum levels of the pharmacodynamic mechansphere: chronic cannabis use also comes with a syndrome of vomiting and, strangely enough, a search for hot water, because the cannabinoid receptors have mutated. Legalization of cannabis, then, goes into the file for elucidating the structure of the curare-resin of Jaba’s Matrix.

On injury, the darkening of mushrooms, apples, is the result of enzymic action of tyrosinase.
Nach Verletzungen, das Enzym verantwortlich fuer die Verdunelung des Gewebes der Pilze, Aepfel, ist Tyrosinase.
Posle travmy, ferment, otvetstvennyi za potemnenie tkanei, iabloky, iavliaetsia tirozinazy.

Catechol and p-cresol are most requently used as experimental substrates.
Katekol I p-Kresol naibolee chasto ispol’zuiutsia v kachestve exksperimtal’nykh substratov.’
(Dawson & Magee, Plant Tyrosinase, in Methods in Enzymology V. 2 p. 819)

‘Yehuda found significant correlation between PTSD symptom severity and urinary norepinephrine and dopamine levels.
Yahuda fanden signifikante Korrelation zwischen PTBS-Symptom-Schweregrad und Harn Noradrenalin und Dopamin.
Ieguda nashli znachimaia korrelatsiia mezhdu tiazhesti simtomov posttravmaticheskogo stressovogo rastroistva I mochevyvodiashchikh putei urovnia noradrenalina I dofamina.’
(Catecholamine Function in PTSD, in Catecholamine Function in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Emerging Concepts, Murberg MM, ed., p. 350)

The thread goes schizoid, but that’s ok. Persephone awakens around the spring equinox, and three days previous, there is an aphasia attack:

‘Assen B., 67 Jahre alt. Diagnose: Arteriosclerosis cerebri et generalisata. Status post thrombosin regionis arteriae cerebri mediae. Aphasia sensoria. Das Lieden began abrupt, 19. Marz orgens, Nach dem Erwachen des Kranken bemerkten die Angehoerigen schwere Sprachstoerungen.’
(Ueber die Pathophysiologie der Agnosien, Aphasien, Apraxien und der Zerfahrenheit des Denkens bei der Schizophrenie, Fischer Verlag, Jena)

The link to melancholia previously posted for Tellenbach, corresponds to catecholamine/PTSD assemblages:

‘Furthermore, whereas MDD patients often show non-suppression of the HPA system following dexamethasone, PTSD patients show supersensitive HPA suppression following doses of dexamethasone that do not affect normal subjects. These HPPA axis abnormalities suggest that when comorbid w2ith PTSD, MDD is a different disorder than MDD presenting like classic melancholia (i.e., MDD without PTSD).’
(Murburg et al, p. 352)

The endocosmogenic nature of the aphasia attack links to the timing of what Klages calls…

'Das urspruengliche Gefuehl durch das menschliche Verordnung unter der Herrschaft des daemonischen Rhythmus kommt, Aufloesung des Glaskoerper Widerstands des Gesetzes in den huegeligen Aether des kosmischen Pulses.

Eto iznachal’naia chuvstvo, cherez ktorye cheloveka regulirovanie prikhodit pod vlainiem, daemonic ritm, rastvoriaia steklovidnogo tela soprotivlenie prava v volnoobraznyi efira kosmicheskie pul’s.

That primal feeling through which human regulation comes under the sway of daemonic rhythm, dissolving the vitreous resistance of law in the undulating ether of the cosmic pulse.’
(Ludwig Klages)

Notice ‘19 Marz morgens.’ Morning cortisol is a different critter than evening cortisol, when the latter reflects a less collected organism previous to sleep This will come in handy when we investigate cannibalism of the brain itself, as in Gajdusek’s studies on Kuru. First, we make the cortisol connection to catecholamines and PTSD:

’ Reference: Mason JW, Giller EL,Jr., Kosten TR, et al, Urinary Free-Cortisol in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, J. Nerv. Ment. Dis. (1986) 174:145-9).’
(Murburg, ed. op cit p. 355)

Mandelbrot’s Fractals in Nature links to Schisandra and Rhodiola, the former plant indigenous to U,S,. All horses and camels originated in what is now called the United States. Thus, fractalization was already evolving before a system without regard for finite resources fragmented, rather than fractalized, the environment. The gomisins from Schisandra are used in race-horse health.

Since cats and horses are exquisitely sensitive to acetaminophen, we now link Rhodiola compounds to HPA hypersensitivity we have just mentioned. Rhodiola rosea is precisely Russian "midsummer Men.’:

‘Verschiedenes --Etherisch-Oel-Glucoside, Bridels’ Glucoside mit Aglykon mit Rosengeruch aus Vertretern vond Sedum Sect. Telephium und Aizoon und aus Rhodiola rosea duerfte mit Salidrosid identisch sein, da Tyrosol tatsaechlich Rosengeruch hat.

Flavonolignan: Rhodiopin wurde aus Rhodiola rosea isoliert und auch bei Rh. arctica und Rh. atropurpurea nachgewiesen…Catechin, Epicatechin, Epicatechingallate und Epigallocatechin wurden Rhodiola semenovii isoliert…und 6’-Galloylarbutin wurde aus Kraut von Rhodiola coccinea isoleirt. Picein und (oder) p-Hydroxyacetophenon wurden Rhodiola ltivinovii, Rh. pinnatifida und Rh.recticaulis erhalten.

Flavonoid: Sempervivum ruthenicum (K, Q, Astragalin, Hyperin, Isorhamnetin-3-Glucosid, Scutellarein–7-Glukuronid.’
(Hegenauer, Chemotaxonomie der Pflanzen, V. 8 pp.342-4)

One sees that Astragalus (Chinese ‘Yellow Leader’) as well as the mood enhancer, hyperin (also in St. John’s Wort) is hiding in Rhodiola’s closely related variant, Sempervivum, and plant catechins are the human connection to catechols. Plant Tyrosol now links to cortisol and human tyrosine in this fractalization.