Idea Implementation Services

I have TensorFlow running on Google Cloud and my laptop. I am having trouble getting the server to display the output. The fix is probably just an adjustment of the settings. Many people who are well versed in AI have submitted some outstanding projects. Someone who knew what they were doing could get this up and running in a day or week. I saw MIT had a way to teach a computer mouse movement and keyboard strokes for the purpose of automating installs or anything a few years ago. All the tools are there and the implementation will not be difficult. By the time I have more experience, I expect this type of software will already have been made. I give myself one month to have this running on the cloud. That’s pretty optimistic.

I have asked for help but not articulated this idea in writing until now. I have been using #RequestForStartup to get my ideas to the public. No takers so far.

Many of the people I see in the different groups are having this problem. In addition to finding new material, it needs to be able to keep track of what the user already knows and help to build on that.

1 Like

I’ve just checked out RequestForStartup. That seems like an obviously awesome idea. Unfortunately, it usually doesn’t work the way that someone just puts out an idea in the world, even if that’s the best and most marketable idea ever. Entrepreneurs have the strong bias to run with their own ideas, even if they are totally half baked. The fear that someone will steal an idea is usually pretty unfounded, unless you have a very successful business that demonstrates the viability of the idea in question!

Even though, the idea is pretty good, and needs more support. You seem to have a lot of good ideas, @technologiclee many of which are probably very worth implementing by someone. I feel that too many ideas of brilliant people go to waste by not being implemented. There needs to be a way to fix that. I’m not sure about how to go about this exactly.

One component might be using Quantified Prestige to allocate Prestige to good ideas that should be implemented by entrepreneurs and startups. I will need to think about how to go about that the best way.

1 Like

@Radivis I have more ideas than I could ever complete. I wish someone would ‘steal’ them. Almost every idea I have had was eventually implemented by someone, usually years later and not quite what I had imagined. I do not think people can own an idea, but that is another topic.

It would be nice if there was a better way to share ideas. The big companies have the resources but seem to rehash the same old thing. The independent inventors do not have the resources to take their project to market. Some people are posting their ideas on social media or email lists or even the comments of articles and blogs just to get it into the open and provide ‘proof of prior art’ if someone tries to monopolize the concept with a patent. I think #RequestForStartup is the right way to go. I do not think many people know about it.

Some people refer to the set of all possible ideas as solution space. Some people can see farther into this space than others. Most people will not believe an idea until it is in a package for sale at the local store. Inventors are a precious resource that have helped bring us into the modern world. Their talents should be encouraged and supported by society. Google does this by providing good working conditions.

I have seen a few startup accelerators and ‘bring us your idea and we will make it real’ places. They seem to be missing many opportunities. I sent one an idea for a simple product and they wanted a 3D model. This left me wondering “what are you there for?”.

We need a team or an Open Source company or something. A framework that takes care of the details. As I understand it, Kickstarter helps with the legal, financial, logistics and engineering. As we move deeper into the era of unprecedented and accelerating change a community based innovation center would spur progress.

There are some online groups around this topic, but after years of kicking around ideas and rehashing the philosophy very little fruit came of it. I suppose it is as much my fault as anyone’s’. These last few years I have been working on my ‘people skills’, reading about successful entrepreneurs and business. As Richard Branson suggests, I am ready to start before I think I am prepared.

As for the AI assistant, I have bitten off more than I can chew as usual. It would take a freak tailwind for me to win this race like Longshot vs. Quicksilver in the 1000 meter dash. I am learning more about AI and TensorFlow. I have a group that have asked questions in the TensorFlow forum with over 90 people. If even a few of them would work together it would be a potent crew.

I had to reformat my computer and I will take this as an opportunity to build TensorFlow from source. That will give me the newest and bug reduced code as well as the experience of building it. My prediction is that just I begin to get traction on this AI assistant, several will enter the market. Good. Onwards, upwards. Besides, I could use a good AI assistant, maybe it could help me with some of my ideas…

2 Likes

Yes, me too. I wondered why there is no open platform for collecting good ideas that people want to give away for free.

It looks like a good approach, but does it really work or scale? Anyway, people not knowing about it makes it much less useful. The thing could use some viral marketing strategy, in any case.

This of course only works, if you manage to work for Google. So, my proposal is to use the reputation economy to fix that. Let’s build a platform or blockchain that stores great ideas and associates them with those who came up with them. Then those inventors could get reputation from anyone for coming up with the idea. The ideas would be free to use and could be implemented by companies who cared about creating good stuff based on the ideas of others.

How would the reputation translate into income? The Quantified Prestige system can create reputation incomes in a coupled flux currency. Alternatively, the idea implementing company decides to be generous and grant the inventor a share of its profits.

I guess this might work better if they had a “idea implementation as a service” business model where inventors actually go ahead to pay them to implement those ideas! Of course, that won’t work very smoothly, because not very many inventors are rich. So, this would have to be coupled with some crowdfunding system, and ideally also with the Quantified Prestige system.

Good decision! People skills seem to be quite underrated in the tech community, even though they are absolutely crucial! How would you suggest people to acquire those skills in the most effective way, @technologiclee?

That’s optimistic. I can easily imagine that nothing will happen, though. This would not be the first time that the obviously great ideas that one can imagine are not actually implemented by anyone (else).

The whole topics is something that @Ken_Carroll should be quite interested about, since it fits into the paradigm of the BUMP Conductor.

There is Tip4Commit which provides bitcoins for code. There is a newer project that is similar, I will add it when I find it again.
https://www.google.com/search?q=tip4commit

People could get paid when a project gets made. They could do some design work for a share of the potential revenue.

Stack Exchange has a reputation system. You get more privileges for reputation but not money. There have been bounties put out for bugs in some places.

We need better marketing in general. This deserves an entire topic.

There are places that will develop hardware or software ideas for a fee. I have never heard of any of them making a big time product. I guess they only see the short term payout.

Many ideas are left unmade, but the AI assistant is inevitable. Siri and Google Now are the early precursors. Even the Office Paper-clip was a step in this direction.

Tip4Commit looks like a really cool idea. There’s only one project that has more than 1 Bitcoin funding at the moment, though: https://tip4commit.com/projects

This approach sounds like it comes with potential legal complications, unless you do some advanced smart contract thing on a blockchain. This idea is something that definitely needs some work.

That makes me wonder what would happen if Stack Exchange started using a flux currency to pay its contributors in proportion to their reputation.

Yes, at least! I’ll create something.

How would they make a big time product without big money? Companies need to scale somehow. This whole idea implementation market seems to be pretty new and small. It certainly needs more money to grow, and for that it needs more attention, and for that it needs better marketing, so we are at the previous point again.

Yes, I totally agree with you here. AI assistants are so present in works of science fiction that many companies will sooner or later work on making them a convincing reality.

The way I did it was to choose to improve then join a large number of student groups and be as active as possible. I also tried to meet every person on my school campus.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ll be thinking up some ideas as to how to help make this happen.